The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning.
I was waiting to see the official press update at 9 AM but they are still growing mushrooms. The main highway is closed even though it is out of the evacuated area and does not go into town. My wife has a doctor appointment and even though we are not in the endangered area they will not allow her to return if she leaves. We have a bunch of idiots in charge of the asylum. They claim it is to prevent looting.  I have noticed a lot of un needed inconvenience to citizens many times especially for accidents on interstates.  It used to be keep traffic moving but around here if a car runs off the road they shut down a 4 lane highway to investigate.  

I was hoping to see some news coverage but they are not doing the job. NS said last night they would not let their people into the site until it was safe so I don't think the people in charge of the town want people to know when clean up begins.  

I may work on trains today. I got the decals on the Russel plow I assembled the other night but it needs the headlight mounted. 
I had also printed decals for number boards on 5 locomotives and they worked well and were much easier to apply than the individual numbers. 
I am glad you got to talk to your grandson Tom, that is one of the good things today, no long distance charges for the most part. 
We are doggie sitting my grand daughters dogs because she had to evacuate. They are making themselves at home enjoying the fenced in yard. She lives in town with a tiny side yard so they are just big lap dogs most of the time     
If there is anything to update I will report 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 02-07-2023, 09:00 AM