The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning 
        It's a lot colder here this morning than it was yesterday. (We reached 70 degrees) We may get to 48 today.

By now you have probably seen the videos of the wreck and even the video from cameras from 20 miles west of here showing the wheel on fire. A good friend, now retired, has told me the likely cause is a part of the frame rubbing on the axle far enough from the bearing that it would not be picked up by the hot box detector. The axle finally reached the breaking point. Journals will burn off in 3 to 4 miles so I was wondering how it could have travelled so far. 

I just watch the full body camera video of the incident with the reporter being arrested and It embarrasses me the misconduct of the National Guard General that started the problem and the response from the Sheriff and some of the local officers that took this man down. Our governor has seen the video and agrees the reporter did nothing wrong yet the locals have filed trumped up charges. Some of these folks forget they are not the boss where the public is concerned.

Trains are running so that is the main thing. 

We are all hoping for a quiet week ahead.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 02-10-2023, 09:52 AM