The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 36 heading up to 46. We are supposed to get some sloppiness later today. They are saying it will be a frozen mix.

It was a pretty uneventful weekend. The wife wasn’t feeling well Saturday. She may have had some side effects from a recent change in dosage of one her medications. She will be calling the doctor to discuss it later today. She eventually felt well enough later in the day and we went to the produce store and the pharmacy. Threw some clothing in the washer and moved some around to the dryer. Sunday she was feeling better, and we were able to go to the grocery store and few other places. She even helped out with the laundry later in the day.

I did not get as much time with the trains as I had hoped. I did do some organizing of the workbench. I converted a locomotive back to DC from DCC. No problem with the DCC. The loco has other issues that will require further work and ordering parts. The second loco I chose did not work out either as the circuit board did not match the instruction sheet. I came to find out later I could have added the decoder with no issues. The third loco I selected was my IHC Premium Gold PRR Pacific. I had the decoder installed in the tender and testing the loco in less than ten minutes. Now if my overdue orders that contain decoders ever arrive I can convert a few more locos.

Today should be an easy day as nothing is planned. I do need to run to the pharmacy but I can push that off until tomorrow. There is always laundry to do.

As I stated above, I am waiting for two orders. One left Salt Lake City on Thursday and has not been heard from since. I am speculating the winter weather is to blame. The second order was supposedly completed two weeks ago but has not shipped. I sent them an email this morning asking for an update. Both orders contain decoders so if either shows up I could possibly look at doing another conversion. In not I am thinking about doing some ballast or attaching roadbed and track.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-27-2023, 08:36 AM