The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people, we're back into the 70's, a few degrees below normal, but still good. They've put the 80's back in starting next weekend so everyone will know why we live here. We're going target shooting today out in Tonopah, there's a flood warning, so I read it. They're releasing water into the Salt River that runs through Tempe and Phoenix. They're also releasing water from the Bartlett Dam into the Verde River, all in anticipation of the snow melt, all of this is well over 60 miles from Tonopah. I hope it refreshes the ground water tables. We are still building new housing like crazy here. What once was farmland is now new sub-divisions and open-air malls. I just wonder, where will all the food that they grew here come from now that there are houses and stores on that land? Farmers pass on and their families would rather become instant millionaires rather than work the land. I can't blame them, but someone has to grow our food....

Gas is approaching $4.00, Costco and Sam's Club at $3.76, most others $3.79.

Gotta load the truck, not sure were we'll eat breakfast, the truckstop restaurant is still being renovated and there's not anything else out there, so I think we'll have to find someplace that's open early here in Surprise.

Everyone have a great week, stay warm and stay safe. I'm not sure if all the storms have passed, but be careful anyway...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-06-2023, 06:09 AM