The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning. 
        We are still not far from the headlines. Anytime a railroad wheel leaves the rail East Palestine gets mentioned. Now the site that takes hazmat water has refused the hazmat water. They built 2 huge storage tanks for the water. There have been many other derailments way more serious than this one, I just can't figure how they were able to blow this one out of proportions. Outside of the railroad there was one fuel tank on the oil company property that was hit and sent burning fuel oil down the ditch beside the tracks (no mention of this in any reports). They finally had 2 people test positive for vinyl chloride. one lived 900 feet from the tracks and the other 3 miles away. With PVC such a common product I am amazed that more people don't test positive, we have been using it for water lines for over 50 years now. 

We have a beautiful morning here but a storm front is to arrive late this afternoon.  We had major storm damage over the week end with 90000 folks without power so we don't really need another one.  My back up generator once again did not need to be run. 

Worn is progressing on the north end yard track. I got the ladder and 3 feet of track laid on all 6 tracks. I have about 50 more feet of track to lay and then it will be time for the ballast. The 24 in wide aisles are tight but it will be fine when operating. 

Stay warm and safe
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 03-29-2023, 08:21 AM