The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 53 with a chilly wind currently along the Schuylkill River in Manayunk. Our high is supposed to be 67 with a chance of some storms. We had one roll through overnight. Apparently, it was bad in some areas but in Drexel Hill the pavement was wet except under the trees.

Had fun getting to the work trailer this morning. The only road in was blocked due to car fire. We had to wait almost an hour before we could get into the site. Second car fire in two weeks. The road into the site has nothing but abandoned lots and woods along it so we are guessing the burnt cars have been stolen cars someone was disposing of.

All plans for the weekend went out the window literally. Our downstair window air conditioner which cools the entire first floor died on Thursday. It was pumping air but the compressor was dead. I ordered a new one Friday was told it would come on Tuesday. To my surprise it was delivered Sunday. My daughter and I spent about four hours installing it. It was an hour and a half for the new one and two and a half hours removing the old one.

Saturday, we did some running. Went to the post office, Staples, and Kohl’s to make some returns. I spent the better part of the day finishing taxes. I was supposed to go to the grocery store but I did not make it until Sunday evening.

Nothing got done on the layout, or workbench. I did enter and edit a few cars in my inventory program.

Today I had to hit the grocery store to get a few items I forgot over the weekend. I then need to begin tackle the laundry as it has been neglected the past week.

If I can get some train time I want to work on the walls for the Morgan House and scenery around the Union Station. Maybe I could try to run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-17-2023, 08:33 AM