The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning gang
    Thanks for wishing us well. we celebrated at home. it was a great day. I worked on the genealogy. My daughter brought me 2 chili dogs and a sundae and she brought pizza for my wife and a large shake. The chili dogs are a real treat for me and they were really good. Our days of eating out are few and far between and takeout is about the same as eating out pricewise. They don't call me cheap chuck for no reason. I really feel bad for the people in the restaurant business because the high cost of food is biting into their profit big time and the increased wages don't help either.  Mary and I would much rather stay home and have stake and baked potato's for less money than a trip to a fast food restaurant or a sit down place. and I still have money left to  add to the train fund. 
     I do notice the young folks that don't have much money can still afford booze, cigarettes and a trip through Mcdonalds. My grand kids are guilty of this but they are all working so I am glad of that. 
     It's currently 50° with a high of 67° predicted and sunny skies. A good day to mow the lawn that looks like a hay field. 
     The cheapest gas in town is $3.35 this morning. It has been holding withing a nickel of this price for a while. 
      Of course I got a notice from the power company that the rate is going to double the first of June. We currently pay a little over 6 cents.I am going to shop around for a better deal if I can find on. If I have to sign a long term agreement to keep a lower price I will because energy prices will continue to climb because they are closing most of our coal fired plants (and tearing them down). There is a delivery fee of 6.5 cents on top of the rate too so that is a part of the bill no mater where you get the power.  If you want green power I have seen some advertized at 23 cents and when you ask them for a list of their green power facilities they don't have an answer. Having worked a hydro plant for 12 years I know all about that type of green energy. 
      Have a good day everyone
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 05-05-2023, 07:22 AM