The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks,

It is currently 60 on its way to 62. Right now, the sun is shinning but later we could have some showers.

Congratulations Charlie!

Yesterday was an exercise in frustration. My wife has surgery scheduled for May 15. This will be the third attempt to install a device that will deliver medicine that will hopefully stop her bleeding. Yesterday she had a pre-admission appointment at Paoli Hospital (pretty much next to the PRR Main Line/Amtrak Keystone Line). I had to leave work an hour and a half early to get her there. We get there after a very annoying drive. (In our neck of the woods we are plagued with people who drive 10 to 20 MPH below the speed limit and can’t stay in their lane. They come to a complete stop to make a right turn and stop one to two car lengths behind the stop bar or the car in front of them. Right turn and left turn lanes are there only for show; they are not to be used. All turns are from the through lane. Sorry for the rant.) Upon arrival we are directed to the Outpatient Surgery Desk. We are taken back to a room and an anesthesiologist meets us. She asks my wife about ten questions such as have you had anesthesia? Any reactions? What was your last surgery? My wife answers all the questions to the doctor’s satisfaction. The doctor then looks at my wife’s throat and says we are done and go home now. Total time with the doctor ten minutes. I lost an hour and half of work, drove 40 minutes to the hospital, and 80 minutes home due to the height of rush hour.

I did get to finish attaching the glazing to another wall of the Morgan Hose. I also added the mortar to the last wall.

Today is another frustrating day as my wife has an appointment with the cardiologist as she needs clearance before the surgery. Due to the time of the appointment, I must take the whole day off from work. She will most likely be exhausted after we get home, so I don’t know what we’ll do afterward.

Over the rest of the weekend, we will need to run to the pharmacy and the grocery store. We hope to get the last of the Easter decorations away. We need to clean the throw rugs in the living room, upstairs hallway, and master bedroom. If the weather cooperates, I need to pull the heater out of the fishpond and pull the water lilies out of the deep in onto the shelf. There is some other yard things that need to be done also. If all else fails, there is always laundry.

I would like to finish installing the window frames and glazing for the walls of the Morgan House. Then I would like to assemble the walls. Next, I need to work on the roof. I have cars to put away. I also have some cars to finish tuning up and inventory. I hope to test a new locomotive and run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 05-05-2023, 09:22 AM