The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning.

It is currently 65° heading for 73° with sun all day. Our rain Friday and Saturday missed us for the most part. We are far from a drought situation so that is OK. 

NS is still sucking up to East Palestine trying to be a good neighbor. The are now going to pay to dredge our city lake and install docks for kayaks  The city has never allowed any form of watercraft on the lake because of liability and the lake was dredged in 1978 (killing all of the fish). I am sure the village fathers forgot why no watercraft is allowed and will return to that policy. The lake is almost 2 miles west of the derailment site and the creek that supplies it comes in from the opposite direction.  There are still folks that won't come back to town because they are afraid of the "contamination" and I believe as long as NS is paying their expenses they will continue to fear the "contamination. The EPA has said all along there has been ho contaminants in the air or the soil however 2 small streams still show some traces but the fish have returned and the EPA director is on site 24/7 at this time. 

I managed to get the PRR Q2 back on the layout but it has an intermittent loss of power that I was blaming on the tender pick ups. I think the problem may be the locomotive pickups instead so I think I will make brass pickups to install in the brake shoes on the non insulated side to see if that fixes it.

I was running the sweeper this morning (normally my wife does not allow me to do housework because I don't do things her way  Icon_e_biggrin ) but she is still not up to snuff after her surgery on Tuesday so I have been stepping in. The problem is we have a border collie and he likes everything just as it is with no changes and he was appalled that I was using one of the appliances. It was really funny. 

Hoping everyone has a good week 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 05-14-2023, 08:12 AM