The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning and yes, Happy Memorial Day today. It should be a solemn day, remember, we are paying tribute to those who gave their all so that we are still free and can celebrate this day.

Around here they are closing roads to the lakes and rivers, too many people, too few parking spots. Saw one shot on the news, a sea of people floating down the river on inner tubes drinking beer and whatnot. I hope they take those empty cans home and not leave them in the river....

Me, I recorded the National Memorial Day Concert on PBS last night and will be watching that today. I don't know why, but they do not rerun it today, but I think you can watch it on the Internet. Lots of names there than I never heard of, but that doesn't matter, it's patriotic and non-political, and that's what we need right now.

Temps are still 100+/-, but starting to drop just a bit through the week. The record for today is 113 from 1983 and 84. As for gas, many stations now down to $4.79, still a far cry from what everyone else is paying. Typical pricing throughout Arizona, except the Phoenix area is $3.25 to $3.50. Tell me that we're not being scabbed.

Take care, enjoy the day and stay safe...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 05-29-2023, 06:14 AM