The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning. 

It is going to be 88° today and 90° tomorrow. I need to mow the front half acre (surprise surprise! ) but I will wait until 5 PM when the sun is at a little more angle.  

My wife is in good shape this morning. I took her to her surgeon's office for her post surgery check up and all is well. restricted activity until July 1st. But she is allowed to walk and to drive and light duty chores. (Anyone that knows her will question what she considers light duty)  Icon_e_biggrin

I got half of my order of old unassembled blue box kits today and the other half should be here tomorrow. I am hoping to build these with my great grandson. 

I mowed the back yard yesterday and cut a large branch up that I had removed from a tree. It was hanging into the area we have enclosed for the fur kids. Just so you know what my place looks like here is a capture from Google Earth. In case you are wondering, It was my wifes idea to downsize from 1980 sq foot with a 1260 sq foot basement to this place with 3 rooms and a living area of 480 square feet. That is why I have a train shed, no basement here. We are both happy. and we do save on utilities having only an electric bill.  

I edited another half hour of my friends old films, found clips of several friends that I didn't know were on the films. There ws a clip of one of the gang going to the Navy and a few of him on leave. He was killed in a car accident on his way back to the base after making repairs to a helicopter. He fell asleep at the wheel. We lost 2 of the gang to car wrecks. 

Our cheapest area gas is 3.35. We don't drive much. we have 26000 miles on our 2018 Kia and I have had my truck for 6 years and I have only driven it 5400 miles.  If I ever get the motor home drivable we hope to put a lot of miles on it. 

Many years ago when I was a young lad (1956) my dad owned a new car dealership and I asked him why he didn't have a political sticker for his favorite candidate.  He told me flat out that politics and business was a bad combination for sales. He only had an 8 grade education yet was smarter than these CEO's today. 

Have a great day everyone, The week end is upon us once again. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 06-01-2023, 10:05 AM