The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks,

It is currently 79 heading up to 92.

It has been a long day already. My day started with being on the project site at 4:30 AM. We had a 6 AM concrete pour which finished about an hour ago. We were told it was going to be 100 yards but it turned out to be only 70.

I have not been online much this past week and half. We have been dealing with my wife’s health issues. She had to see her allergist and a new doctor, this one a pulmonologist. She has received clearance from both of them to undergo surgery. Now she is trying to get the surgery scheduled before the her doctor leaves the practice.

We have a couple of vet appointments for the dog and one of the cats. Nothing serious, just the routine annual visits. The cat who is 16 is now taking monthly injections for her arthritis. Why is that every arthritis drug they develop for humans does not work on humans, but it does for cats and dogs? Just to make things more fun the dog developed diarrhea over the holiday weekend. She is now on a diet of boiled chicken and pumpkin. She is better but not quite there yet.

I have been able to squeeze some modeling in between crises. I finished decaling the NYO&W FTB unit and sealed it. I now need to put it make together. I changed out the plastic couplers on seven Athearn RTR 89-foot flat cars.

Tonight, I need to stop at the pharmacy on the way home.

Saturday is the first Delaware County Pride Parade in Media, PA. My son is one of the chief organizers. While my wife and I would love to attend, due to her health issues we won’t be able to. However, I will be on call to help with any last-minute logistical problems that could arise. I have some gardening to do such as removing what is left of the tulip plants and preparing the garden for some new plants. At some point I am hoping to make a grocery store run and a nursery run for plants.

Sunday will be planting those plants or doing the things I wanted to get done on Saturday.

I want to finish the FTB unit and continue changing couplers on the flat cars. I then need to decide what to work on next for the layout. I am thinking of building the Ashmore Hotel kit. I could also choice another couple of locomotives to convert to DCC.

Congratulations on the grandchild, Todd.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-02-2023, 08:20 AM