The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 68 with a supposed high of 81. We have had a few showers. Later this afternoon or evening we are predicated to get some thunderstorms.

All the news outlets are talking about is the collapse of the I-95 bridge in the Tacony section of Philadelphia. If you have not heard, a tanker truck caught fire under a bridge over I-95. Due to the fire the northbound bridge collapsed, and the southbound bridge is buckling. The highway is closed in both directions. Since 160,000 vehicles use this road daily traffic is a nightmare in the area. As of this morning they have not found the tanker truck or the driver who is unaccounted for. They are saying it will be months before the roadway will be open in some fashion. This is the third time an I-95 bridge has been taken out by a fire. Back in 1994 we had the infamous tire fire, and a few years later there was the tanker truck fire on the bridge over Chester Creek in Chester, PA. In both of those cases only one direction was closed for an extended period of time and traffic could be diverted onto the other side.

Saturday was the Delaware County Pride Festival that my son and daughter were chief organizers. The event went off better than expected with little to know hitches. Since my services as emergency supply driver were not required my wife and I made runs to PetSmart, the post office, the hardware store, and the nursery/produce store. I was able to get pet food, bird seed, a new garden hose, some groceries, and some marigolds. Sunday, we planted the marigolds, and my wife harvested some herbs from the garden. I also made a grocery store run. By the evening my wife was feeling rundown more than normal. We are thinking it is the stress from the upcoming surgery on Wednesday.

I did not get as much done with trains as I had planned. The only thing I got done was changing the couplers on three box cars and a gondola.

Today not much is planned. Help my son get the pride festival stuff back into storage. I have more couplers to replace.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-12-2023, 07:18 AM