The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks,

It is now 63 and heading up to 77. We had a boatload of rain yesterday afternoon and evening. The project site is mildly muddy, and the river is up slightly.

Luckily neither Mikey or I are affected as we are both south and west of the I-95 closure. Back in my college days, when I was roofing for the summer, I used that ramp almost everyday to get to work. My partner here on the dam project is affected as the interchange in question is the one, he uses to get from his home to here. Yesterday he got caught in the traffic nightmare and his usual 30-minute trip was about 2 hours. This morning he left earlier and got here almost 20 minutes before starting time. He must figure out a happy medium.

They do need to get traffic flowing through there like yesterday. The local roads and detour routes cannot handle the volume of traffic. If I were calling the shots, I would remove the debris from the northbound structure. Fill the gap with fill material and put a temporary road over top of it. Run two lanes in each direction. In the meantime, remove and replace the southbound structure. Once the southbound structure is complete move traffic onto it and replace the northbound structure. The thing that worries me is that the people who implement something like this in order to get the road open as fast as possible are no longer with PennDOT and those that are left have no clue on how to think outside the box or independently. It is going to be the summer from hell as far traffic in Northeast Philly is concerned. Rant done.

I got soaked coming out of the grocery store yesterday on the way home. When I entered the store, it was sunny. I had to help the wife navigate the return process on eBay. She encountered one of those sellers who doesn’t take returns and the product description does not match the item.

I did manage to replace the couplers on a couple of Athearn RTR chemical tank cars. Even though the coupler pocket does not require a screw since the trucks hold it in place, I like to drill a hole and add a screw. I have had several coupler pockets sag and as result the coupler was too low and as a result the car uncoupled, or the coupler caught on something.

I have a couple of plant hangers to attach to the pergola on the front patio. I would like to continue to change out couplers on some Athearn rolling stock I have.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-13-2023, 07:51 AM