The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, here we are, another Friday is upon us, and we're also into the second half of June already. Geeze, almost time for another mortgage payment.

David, I know what you're talking about, cover everything and someone still can't get it. I always like the story of telling someone to, "hit any key on your keyboard", and the response is, "but sir, I cannot find the 'any' key"..... Waiting

Tom, glad the wife is doing so well, good to hear....

Still no change here, temps still around 100, two years ago it was 115 (also in 1896), so no complaints here. TV news is full of videos showing flooding and cars beingĀ  washed away, air-to-water rescues and you wonder why. Well, June 15 is now the official start of our monsoon season, goes to Sept 15. Tomorrow, one station will be dedicated to their annual "Monsoon Special", whoopee.... Nope Why define it in the first place, we get heavy storms in the summer, so be it, I remember before the NWS got into names, we'd have an occasional "dust storm", lots and lots of wind, some heavy rain and some pretty severe damage. Now we have "haboobs" and "monsoons", just like they do in Asia.

OK, just another rant, but us old folks earned that right.

Time to get ready for breakfast, we have the usual group meeting at a restaurant a bit south of what was Brenda's Kitchen. We use to meet at Brenda's until that incident with the cook. I go back there occasionally, the food is good and the new owner knows what he's doing, just that the old cook is still there and some refuse to go back until she's gone.

Have a great day and get ready for a fantastic weekend doing something you like to do... just stay safe doing it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-16-2023, 06:21 AM