The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, thunder, lightning, rain, does that still exist? The weather lady on TV says we have a slight chance of some of that today, but she didn't sound too positive. The Weather Channel says nada.... Not a very inspiring monsoon season so far.

Not much change in gas prices, there are some valley stations  under $3.50, but here in Surprise, we're looking at $3.89 and up.

My "get back to me" list is growing, they all say they will, but nope. I told the woman yesterday, "I'm in no rush, just let me know what the status is, that's all I ask". Yup, "I understand Mr. Day, I'll get right back to you"..... sure you will.  BTW, she didn't. Nope Have to call two doctors today because they never got back to me either. Waiting This seems so common now days with customer service, either you can't understand what they're saying or they haven't a clue how to help you. When you do call, you get, "please listen to the following because our menu options recently changed". No they didn't, you just want to confuse us so we just hang up. Same goes for, "you call is very important to us, we'll get to you as soon as our crew get back from their morning tea break". Even worse, "you call is very important to us, you are now #45 in the queue and so please don't hang up". I did have one the other day, "press '1' if you would like us to call you back", did that, "we'll call you back in two minutes". Twenty minutes later, I get a phone call, "please hold, you are next in line to actually talk to a human".

Enough grumbling, but us old retired folk are allowed all the grumbling we want so you who understand, grumble away, those of you that don't, your time is coming when that will be one of the little pleasures in life...

Take care everyone, have a great day, stay safe and stay cool.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-12-2023, 06:22 AM