The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, according to the rain gauge map we got the only rain in the valley last night, .04", enough to mess the vehicles up and blow garbage into my entryway. We are expecting this heat wave to let up a bit by Monday, (108) with a good chance of a storm. I'll wait until Monday to see what actually happens.

Charlie, my DIL's passport expired and so she went and paid the $50 for a fast return. She was frequently on the phone tracing it's progress and it finally showed up two days before they left for London. That only took three months to expedite. And yeah, you're right, we should all get expedited service at no additional cost. We employ enough government workers that we should be able to move them around where they are needed the most.... I know, what a stupid concept.

Oh, I went back and checked that transformer on that flat car. The only marks I could find was the car #16800. There were no owner's marks visible. My friend said he got close enough to see the gross weight, 330,000 pounds, max load, 780,000 pounds. Not sure where it's heading to but it's been sitting there for over a week now.

Jim, sorry to hear you were in the hospital, but that's the best place to be if you're sick or hurting. Glad to see that you're doing better. Just take it easy, we all heal a lot quicker when we listen to our doctors.

Tom, I gave up on my newspaper several months ago. Advertised to be delivered by 7:00 AM, some days it was showing up around 3:00 PM, other days, not at all. They just can't find folks that want to deliver papers. I got a phone call a few weeks ago trying to get me back, I told them, I've subscribed continuously since 1956 and when I dropped out, no one ever thought to ask me why. You know what, she didn't care either. I'm OK, I read the news and comics on the Internet and watch local news on TV when I feel up to it.

Ya all have a fun-filled weekend, stay safe and stay alert, too much crap going on right now that if you're not alert, you may not be safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-29-2023, 07:42 AM