The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is currently cloudy, bordering on dreary 73 heading up to 86. We had some rain overnight. Later this afternoon or evening we are supposed to get the kitchen sink. We have thunderstorms, high winds, heavy rain, and the possibility of a tornado.

Saturday, we made all our planned outings. We hit the produce store, the pharmacy, PetSmart, and BJ’s. I did some heavy-duty floor cleaning, trying out a new Swifter for wood floors. I even threw a load of clothes into the washer and dryer. Sunday the wife and daughter headed out to Home Goods while I made an Amazon return at Kohl’s. Went to Home Depot to get a quart of paint we need for some touch ups. The original canned dried up on us. Lastly, I made a stop at the grocery store. We gave the Guinea pig cage a good cleaning. I still have to trim their nails. I do the trimming while the wife holds them.

I fixed the couplers on a Rapido PRR F30D TOFC. I also remedied the problem with them dragging. It was a combination of using the tool to scrap out the axle pocket on the truck and adjust the molded brakes which were rubbing against the wheels. I installed a decoder in one of my Bowser Alco Demonstrator Century C-628’s and programmed the address into. I then added it to the consist of the two Reading C-630’s. However, the C-628 runs faster than the C-630’s so I now have to try my hand at speed matching for the first time.

Hopefully the rain will hold off until after work. The crew is working feverishly to get the formwork and rebar in place for tomorrow’s scheduled concrete pour. We are hoping the coming rain won’t be too bad in Pottsville and Reading, thus keeping the river water level down. After work I need to drop a package off at the post office.

Tonight, I want to attempt to do the speed matching. I also should install a decoder in the other C-628 locomotive. If all goes well I then want to run some trains.

I hope everybody as a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-07-2023, 08:10 AM