The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 66 going up to 80.

The past few days have been perhaps the roughest days I have ever experienced at work in my entire life. On Wednesday afternoon there was an explosion involving a generator and fire that burned a construction storage trailer. Six workers were seriously burned. All six were transported to the hospital in critical condition. Four have been told they will be in the hospital for at least a month receiving treatment for their burns. The other two are in intensive care and from what I have been told very bad shape. I was not near the location of the accident as I was in the inspectors’ trailer which is a mile away doing the end of the day paperwork. I was made aware of the situation when the assistant foreman arrived asking for help. I immediately called 911. I ask for prayers for both the workers and their families.
Here is a link to a news story about the accident: https://6abc.com/manayunk-explosion-flat.../13863689/

Not much got done this week. In the earlier part of the week, we did work on some Halloween decoration. There were also a couple of doctor’s appointments. We worked on packing for our upcoming cruise next week. I did manage to get the oil changed in the car yesterday.

With everything going on nothing got done on the layout or workbench. I don’t know what if anything will get down over the weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 10-06-2023, 07:46 AM