The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(01-27-2024, 01:03 PM)Charlie B Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 10:14 AM)jim currie Wrote: [you worked for a mine was it underground?

jim
Jim   I worked for the owner of the mining company after he bought the railroad.  I could never work in a mine, heck Cliff gave us a calendar with pictures of miners underground and I couldn't even look at the photos so the calendar was hid away.  My grandfather left the UK in 1918. He was a coal miner and swore he would never enter another one.  Icon_e_biggrin   to  say I am claustrophobic would really be an understatement. Charlie
[/quote]

the mine i worked at the height of employee's that were underground  miners the number was 450 of that we had three claustrophobic that couldn't sit in a bathroom stall with the door shut, underground they were fine the mine entries were 20ft. wide and 11 feet tall later they  went rock to rock at 13 ft. and most entries were 3000 ft long or longer some went beyond a mile, nothing like the mines in the east of 100 Yeas ago .

Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by jim currie - 01-27-2024, 02:08 PM