The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 44 and pleasant with a high of 55.

Unfortunately, my mood does not match the good weather. In a case of bad juju my car, a 2018 Kia Optima, was stolen exactly one week after my wife’s car. My car from what we can find out is the 8th or 9th car stolen in our neighborhood this week. All of them were Kia’s or Hyundai’s. My neighbor heard what happened and saw them drive away. His wife alerted the police. Even with the police notified and on the scene in less than 10 minutes they were not able to find the car. I am currently driving the rental we got for her so I can get to work. I will be picking up the second rental later this week.

Before the incident I had a successful weekend. We picked up the rental car for my wife. The body shop said my wife’s car was in good shape. While there is damage It is minor. My wife and I went out to dinner Friday night, something we have not done in about six months, and it was delicious. Saturday, she had a dental appointment and we stopped for breakfast and then ran to the produce store, Home Depot (didn’t find what we were looking for), and Ace Hardware (where we found what we were looking for). I replaced one of the basement window well covers, and fed the bulbs. Sunday, we took down and stored the Valentine’s Day decoration, and did several loads of laundry and put it away.

My glue arrived Friday and that night and Saturday I finished the Ambassador Hotel. Sunday, I cleared off more of the layout. I put away several locomotives and a bunch of rolling stock. I still have a good bit to do and once I am done, I can place the hotel on the layout.

Tonight, I have no idea what I am going to do. If I have time when I get home I will run my wife over to the body shop so she can drop off the keys so they can reprogrammed once the car is done.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-26-2024, 10:08 AM