The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 50 with an expected high of 61. We had frost on the cars this morning and the NWS is calling for a Frost Advisory for tomorrow morning.

With regards to my blood pressure issue that prevented my hernia surgery on Thursday and after monitoring my blood pressure over the weekend my cardiologist is adding a new medication for me in addition to the ones I already take. Hopefully this will work and I can get the surgery done soon.

Since I stayed home from work on Friday, I got the car inspected which turned out to be rather painless. I thought I would need brakes and tires, but both passed. The only thing I needed was a nail removed from one tire, an oil change, and a couple of filters. Over the weekend we made errands to the pharmacy, PetSmart, and the grocery store several times. With help from the kids we got a few loads of laundry done. On Sunday we celebrated my son’s birthday.

I ran trains. After finishing running the 54-car coal drag with my new Reading Trainmaster and putting away the cars I ran the other Trainmaster with a passenger train. I repaired a hopper that hit the floor when I was putting it away. Luckily it was only a coupler that was broken. I added screws to the couple clips, added Kadee couples, and added metal wheels to a Bev-Bel/Athearn blue box passenger coach.

Today will be another day of keeping an eye on my blood pressure and being careful not to do anything too strenuous. I hope to work on tuning up the passenger cars I ran with the Trainmaster locomotive. I would like to run some more trains as I need to test the bridges from the other direction.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-22-2024, 09:02 AM