Trying to restart.
Just found the group again. I dropped out around 2007 or 2008 after Shamus and Matthyro passed away, and I lost my train room to grandkids. A lot older now get want to do a layout again. I see that Tyson is still here looking for a few others,
Good to see you back, we've lost a few more friends since then, check out this forum dedicated to  those fallen flag members.

Look around, still lot of old, yes, old friends around doing good things. Keep us posted on how you're doing and I hope you are able to start a new layout. Things don't go as fast as they used to, I'm living proof of that, I started a new layout after my wife passed, and progress is slow.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Welcome back! Got any layout ideas? Dreams? Concepts? Freelance or based on a specific timeframe and railroad? Steam, diesel or transition? Industrial? Rural? Switching railroad or mainline? Continuous running or out and back? Gauge? (Bet I could continue making up questions all day.... we'll stop here...)
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Thanks Don and Morris. This has always been a "welcoming" group.  Don, I think that I remember you from the old Blue board. In fact I still have photos of the blue "Gauge" box car that made the rounds to member layouts. I see a few others also as I look thru the past posts.
Morris, I took your questions to the  "Hobo's Camp" to not mess up this "Hello" forum.
Glad to be back.
Welcome back. I too am a returnee. I was out of the hobby for about ten years when my kids were in high school and college. Both played sports and there were a bunch of out of town trips. When I retired my son gave me a Broadway Limited PRR T-1 for Christmas. I now needed a working layout to run it on so I got back into the hobby.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Welcome back David!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Good to see you Mike. Are you still doing the “model trains on a postage stamp “ like you did some time ago?
No, to be honest I haven't done much modeling lately. I keep waiting for the urge to strike again though.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(08-24-2023, 06:56 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: No, to be honest I haven't done much modeling lately. I keep waiting for the urge to strike again though.

Gotta be contagious, It's been months. I walk over to my layout, move a few things around, then find something else more important to do. Could be an N scale thing.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Nah. Same thing happens in HO. I'll wander over to the train room while waiting for a load of laundry to finish. Look things over, maybe move something around, and walk away again.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)