Antique automobile
Impressive work
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Not sure I would have the patience for that. Excellent work.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Don, the openings in the cowling would have been air vents. Remember when we had them operated with cables.
Looking better everyday.
Charlie
Thank you all, it does take patience and a steady hand, but remember, I work in N scale where patience and a steady hand are required. I am actually hooked on these models and they're really not that expensive, this one was $27.99 with free shipping.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(02-05-2024, 08:53 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Don, the openings in the cowling would have been air vents. Remember when we had them operated with cables.
Looking better everyday.
Charlie

Yeah, but what's behind those vents look like radiators on both sides. Look though the vents, I'd open the cowling, but I might bust it and they did not provide a spare.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(02-05-2024, 09:03 AM)ezdays Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 08:53 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Don, the openings in the cowling would have been air vents. Remember when we had them operated with cables.
Looking better everyday.
Charlie

Yeah, but what's behind those vents look like radiators on both sides. Look though the vents, I'd open the cowling, but I might bust it and they did not provide a spare.

Took a shot of the instructions showing what's behind the vents. Could very well be radiators, don't know for sure since I've never been under the hood of a vintage car like this. Could also just be something the put in the kit since there's no engine.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Big jump, I'm done with steps 7 and 8, almost halfway there since there are 17 major steps in all. Part wise, I've used 161 parts out of the 298 total. Step #7 added the transmission and other undercarriage parts, #8 dealt with the headlamps and some trim pieces. The most difficult thing so far was to get the Arizona prison system to make license plates small enough to fit the bumper. I got two so I'm hoping there's one for the back as well.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Looking real good Don. It is coming along very nicely.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Might be an excellent project for anyone interested in taking on N-scale. If you can complete any one of these kits, feel free to drop money in the world of the tiny!

A man has to know his limitations, and I can say with very high confidence (based on my hand size and constantly eroding optical prowess) that the tiny world is not in my future. For those that do, however, I doff the cap and bow in complete and utter admiration.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Thanks much guys, I appreciate the comments.

Moving right along, I've done all of steps 9 and 10. Step #9 was all about adding the fenders, just 5 sub-steps and 10 parts. Step #10 was just building the wheels and attaching them. There were only 3 sub-steps in #10, but a whopping 60 parts total. The tires do rotate but there is no source of power but to push.

One thing I'm finding is that there are so many parts on the assembly that I have to be very careful not to knock any loose. I did finally resort to gluing some of the parts like the front seats and one fender that would come apart. Most other parts fit tight, but I've got enough glue to deal with those that don't. Waiting

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
It's finished. Got every detail the diagrams asked for. Steps 11 though 17 were just adding details and accessories like steering wheel, spare tire, roof and a few other things. The more I worked with it the more I'd knock some parts loose, and a few broke. It's just too fragile at that point. I did have to use glue to repair the broken parts and to secure others. The only mod I made was to add a license plate to the rear. It is required since I plan on driving it around the neighborhood a bit. In Arizona, the only issue rear plates unless you are paying to have a vanity plate, which I obviously do, then they give you one for the front as well.

This looks like a model of the 1910 era of the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, up to and including the spare and tool box. With those in place I would find it difficult to get into the vehicle, especially on the driver's side. The two back doors do open, but barely wide enough for someone to squeeze through, but all the details are there.

I enjoyed doing this, as I said, it is focus intensive which is one reason why I like it. My next project is a 1980 sleeper truck cab. I think that one is 1:40 scale which may make it a bit more difficult since there's just about as many parts to it as there is to this one.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Very nice Don.  Worship Applause 2285_
Charlie
Thank you Charlie, fun, fun, fun....

Here's a few more shots with the rear doors open. Notice that although the seats are cushy-comfortable, they are hard to get to with all that stuff on the running board. I looked at pictures of the prototype and yup, the running boards are cluttered, just like the model.

Here's the prototype (linked image:
[Image: rolls-royce-320180702155041]

And my very close models. If I painted it yellow, you'd probably not know the difference.. Icon_rolleyes Icon_lol Nope

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Great job, Don!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(02-08-2024, 04:20 PM)tompm Wrote: Great job, Don!

Thank you Tom, it's fun, relaxing and I just like building things. One day I'll get back to my layout, but for now, I'm starting another one and just picked up the mother of all wooden puzzles. I'll talk about those later.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and