WWII Jeep
(04-20-2024, 08:29 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Don, these might come in handy for your projects markers
Charlie

Yeah, I have all color markers including a set of white, I didn't know these existed. I also have some silver spray paint I may try, but none I think are as reflective as what these show.

Thanks...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don plastruct has mirror sheets the only thing is they are .040 thick.
Jim
(04-20-2024, 10:43 AM)jim currie Wrote: Don plastruct has mirror sheets the only thing is they are .040 thick.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I just measured the mirrors and they are .078 thick, I could shave them a bit but they are so fragile right now I don't think I want to fool with them anymore. As I said, they gave me two spares and I've broken three so far. I did save the broken parts so I might try to work with those for now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don using the original mirror as a pattern you could laminate a piece of the mirror to a piece of 1/32 basswood and come out to close to original thickness. while on the subject of wood seeing that you are into wood I have a box of northeastern wood that i would give to you, but the distance is the problem , the only way i could get it to you would be later this summer were going north to see kids in either late July or early august to get peaches and corn we could arrange to meet on I 17.
Jim
(04-20-2024, 01:50 PM)jim currie Wrote: Don using the original mirror as a pattern you could laminate a piece of the mirror to a piece of 1/32 basswood and come out to close to original thickness. while on the subject of wood seeing that you are into wood I have a box of northeastern wood that i would give to you, but the distance is the problem , the only way i could get it to you would be later this summer were going north to see kids in either late July or early august to get peaches and corn we could arrange to meet on I 17.
Jim

I thought about using the hole that the part came out of as a template and I'm sure I have enough residual wood from these kits that I can use. I also found a piece of trim that I may be able to slice some of the finish off of. Lots of possibilities.

And yeah, we could do that, anytime you want to meet would be fine. You've got my email address, so let's talk.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and