The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is currently 69 which supposed to be our high. It also feels like the humidity has gone making it somewhat uncomfortable at times.

The weather pretty much dictated what got done this weekend. It also dictated my pain level which was from moderate to high. I got some laundry done with the basket lifting and moving them from floor to done by my kids. We ran out to Target and PetSmart. On Sunday I did some light sweeping around the kitchen and breakfast nook. I had enough fur to make another animal. Te cats denied any of the fur was theirs and blamed it all on the dog. I brought an almost empty bin from the basement so the wife could put the last of the Easter decorations away. I am debating if I can carry the bin back to its spot in the basement or if I will require assistance.

There was one incident this weekend that deserves its own place. At approximately 5 AM Saturday morning my wife and I are rudely awoken by the sound of our smoke detector. It made five loud screeches. We both get up and I throw on my slippers and a jacket. I then go around and investigate every room in the house from the attic to the basement. Finding nothing I now venture outside and walk around the house. Satisfied there is nothing going on I reenter the house and into the kitchen I go. Suddenly I am ambushed by 3 cats, a dog, and 2 Guinea pigs who demand their breakfasts now. Since 5 AM is their usual feeding time during the week I give in. After they are fed I return to bed and pull the covers up. As soon as I start to drift off the smoke alarm goes off again. This time I go rummaging for a new 9V battery and upon finding it I replace the old battery. The alarm has not made a peek since. If this is the new low battery warning, this particular alarm is not long for our house.

I ran another long train this weekend. Using my new Atlas Master Series Silver edition Penn Central GP40’s. I ran a manifest train of 34 cars. I did have trouble with four cars that required me to pull them out of service. All were 50 ft boxcars. They were two Athearn blue box kits and one 1st generation Athearn RTR car. The fourth is a brand new Rivarossi car. I managed to video the run.

Tonight I need to put some laundry away and perhaps do another load. I can also try to get the Easter decorations bin put back in the basement.

I want to take some photos of the latest run-by. I also want to take a closer look at the four cars that kept derailing and see what I can do to them.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hi all. another Monday with sosdd. last week was a busy one trip to casa Grande VA and two to VA Tucson took up most of the week so this week is resting up need to get to work on the layout but knees are acting up so it's on hold might be better when temps get higher.
stay safe and dry if possible Jim
Good morning everyone, as Jim says, "sosdd" (had to look that one up). But he shouldn't have to worry about his knee too long because we should be in the 100's sometime next week and they're probably here to stay for a while.

Wow, Costco's gas just went down ten cents to $3.79, a few other stations down now at $4.15. I saw one GT station yesterday still at $3.99 so all is not lost just yet. Maybe because the snowbirds are mostly gone back home. It's noticeable in traffic, the Post Office and stores.

That's it, nothing significant going on today, maybe a few phone calls that I've been putting off. Need to call my ISP and satellite providers to see if I can't get a better deal or is it time to change. They just finished putting in new fiber in our neighborhood and a lot of folks are switching, so they can stream TV with faster service and unlimited data at around the same cost. I'm OK with what I have but I'd like to pay less for it and every once in a while it pays to change.

Y'all have a great day today, as Mr. Roarke used to say, "Smiles everyone".... a good way to go through the day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Clearing skies after the rain last night. Currently 60 headed for 70. Should be a nice day but a little breezy. Got an inch of rain overnight again. Varying chances for rain for the rest of the week. Interestingly enough the NWS is reporting only a quarter of an inch. The reporting station is only 2 miles from my house. I guess that's what they mean by locally heavy rain.

Very productive day yesterday. Got the license plates for my moped , got the yard mowed. Then ran the trimmer and blower to clean everything up. Also put the screen in the front storm door. Too cool yet to put the rest of the screens in. Then I spent a couple of hours planning for my road trip this summer including ordering another book for Route 66 in Oklahoma. Also managed to slip in a trip to the grocery store. Nothing really planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)