CNJ 4-8-0
Hey, this locomotive shows up in "Pennsylvania Glory Volume 1", by Herron rail. Its about 3/8s of the way in, on the NY&LB section.

toptrain Wrote:Here is e-paw at the Fallen Flags get together today. The two people to his right are also Big Blue members. Steve, I had a nice day POP.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Wow Confusedhock: , I need to go back in time and tell myself to shave my face and get a hair cut. Wallbang Icon_lol
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Puddlejumper Wrote:Very nice 4-8-0!! I love this project!

How about pix of that CR Express C32-8?

dave

Thats mine, lol.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
I have to check it out GEC, Thanks. P5se sorry I don't have a thread on the construction of this model, I started it 6 or 7 years ago, before I knew about the GAUGE. Toptrain has a few early construction pics, hopefully he'll post them. It is mainly scratch built, The cab and cylinders are from an old NEW ONE 4-6-0 Camel. The tender is a Bethlehem car works kit along with parts of the firebox. I rolled the boiler and smoke box from brass. the air tanks, check valve, walkways and other details are either scratch built or modified kit parts. The frame, drivers, and front pilot are modified Mantua parts. It also has a can motor and fly wheel drive. The side rods and valve gear are either scratched or come from other steamers. I'll try to post some pics in a bit.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Well, it's an awesome job! Worship Worship

You inspire me ... when I finish the small fleet of very small cabooses I will see if I can't come up with a good starting point for and Atlantic Inspection locomotive -- I used to have a chassis for an MDC Atlantic in a box somewhere .......... :arrow:

biL
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Here are a few pics that are current up to today. I think a fall challenge was talked about where the point of the contest would be to finish a project that was laying around for a wile.. so I think I'll enter this when it's time. That will give me an excuse not to touch it for a few more months. Thumbsup Although it looks complete there are still lots of things to do to.

Attached Files Image(s)

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Wow, that thing is just beautiful! I wish I had that sort of fabricating talent!
-Dave
That is sweet! Wonder if you could do something to hide the worm better?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
What is there to finish? (I see a couple minor things, but what do you see?)

What you managed to complete is absolutely beautiful, btw.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Nice work! Worship Worship Worship

I love those camelbacks - I just can't get enough of them! The way my terminal and roundhouse are now planned, I don't really have room for any more camelbacks if they all came home at the same time ... but that hasn't stopped me from looking for more! I'll have to get up the momentum, now that I'm back in the hobby, to clean up my tools and sharpen my modeling skills and attempt a small Reading D Class for commuter service (the LS&W buys it's motive power from the Reading Company or builds to Reading Company plans.)

But in the meantime, get out a drool cup, a bib and a towel because I'm salivating over that CNJ power! Misngth Goldth Misngth

biL
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln