BOeC layout

Side by side on Autoroute 20 est (Highway 20 east) as it gather speed before definitely loosing sight of it for good.

[Image: 20151415202_26VIAF40A20.jpg]

Until next time

Goldth
WOW---excellent modelling and photography and a great story line to complete the scene Thumbsup
Syl,

Another great set of modeling photos.

Bruce
Thanks cn nutbar ! It was fun to do Goldth

Thanks Bruce. Will see what the future brings next Big Grin

Mystery in St-Hyacinthe

Exactly, a mystery ! This morning a weird thing happen at the recycling warehouse in St-Hyacinthe

You see, like every morning, CN drops off empty boxcar at first light at the company own by Charle and Oscar. Their business (Recycling) has been doing
very well the last few years (glass, metals, copper, batteries etc.) CN will come back in the evening to pick up the fully loaded cars.

Nothing unusual about that

[Image: RECY1.jpg]

Goldth
Charle being a finer observer then Oscar, noticed what was amiss right away !

[Image: RECY3.jpg]

There's a boxcar missing !

For a smooth running operation, because the warehouse fills up during the day, there is an absolute need for 3 40" boxcar . Mminimum. Every day.

Well this morning there is only 2 !

Oscar turns to Charle and says " Maybe they left it in the yard next to us ? "
After checking, "nope ! " says Charle ; " This one is not for us"

[Image: RECY2.jpg]

He was right of course. And this old rust bucket did not inspire confidence. It has seen better days and looked about to be scrapped !

No sound, no movement, no trains as far as you could see.

Very strange indeed

Goldth
Oscar slapped his forehead and said: ` Geezus ! I`bet that it fell in the river !!

`We have to check right away ! `agreed Charle (with his heavy french accent that he got from his long vacation last fall in the south of France)

`You bet lets go ! and Charle ? I don`t understand a darn thing you say with your accent ! Can`t you drop it and speak normally now that you are back ?``
said Oscar as they ran to the end of the tracks .

They looked around carefully

[Image: RECY4.jpg]

Nothing ! No derailment, no imprints or trace on the ground, no boxcar in the river... Eek

Goldth
Disapointed and relieved all the same, they suddenly heard a diesel engine in the distance.

It was closing fast !

No luck !

[Image: RECY5.jpg]

It was VIA rail Rapido that does the Montreal-to-Quebec city and back daily. The local calls it the Rabbit. The Rabbit ? Well some folks also call it the Wabbit but that is another story. Anyways, like the Rabbit in the fable, it starts quickly, races to cruising speed and then suddenly stops. It does so to let long freight train go by, then it races ahead at cruising speed, trying to make up its lost time, and then it stops to let long , slow, freight train go by. And so it goes all the way to destination. Nope Wallbang

Goldth

` Well, I guess, we better called CN . They must know where its at ? `
said Oscar

following up with;

`Charle ? You got a new camper ? The blue thing the Euro style camper, can`t you park it somewhere else ? It`s taking space. `

[Image: RECY%206.jpg]

Charle in his heaviest Marseille accent answered : ` The camper trailer ? The Euro 2000 ? I thought it belong to you ? Obviously I should have thought about it for a second. How could someone on your salary could possibly afford this...`

There you have it

The Mystery remains ; Where is the missing boxcar ? What happen to it ? And who`s the owner of the camper ?

Goldth
Syl,

Another nice tale to go along with your great looking scenes. Nicely done.

Bruce
Hi,
interesting mysterys.....And fantastic modeling......let´s see how the secret of the missing boxcar and the camper will be lifted....

Great story.

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
I like a good mystery!! 8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
bdw9535 Wrote:Syl,

Another nice tale to go along with your great looking scenes. Nicely done.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce

Twist Wrote:Hi,
interesting mysterys.....And fantastic modeling......let´s see how the secret of the missing boxcar and the camper will be lifted....

Great story.

Cheers,Chris

Thanks Chris

ak-milw Wrote:I like a good mystery!! 8-)

Thanks ak-milw

It's just a light and humorous way to show various part of my layout.
As the layout scenery evolved there 's more place to visit,.
Anyways, I am glad that you guys enjoy it

Misngth

Follow up episode

To leave no stone unturned, Charle and Oscar decided to go to the White House.

As Oscar said: “ There’s someone, somewhere that must know what happen ! ”

Charle motioned to Oscar to get moving : “ We will look after the Euro camper mystery later ”

Cigarettes in the car and away they went.

[Image: 201511716246_RECY111.jpg]

" Hey! Charle? You know there’s no one left to look after work right ? " : Said Oscar

Charle: " I know, no worries, it’s not very far and we will be back in no time anyways. "

Goldth
Charle look over and said " is something bugging you Oscar ? "

Oscar: " Yes and no Charle. I can’t remember, I think we’re forgetting something..."

Charle : " Too bad.."

[Image: 201511716258_RECY112.jpg]

And they left........to the White-House to seek asnwers

Goldth