Wow, those geniuses at that 'other' site have really done it
steinjr Wrote:Kalmbach model railroader magazine forums were scheduled for "subscriber only content free for all" this weekend. The word before the weekend was that people who were already logged in by Friday afternoon would stay logged in, but nobody would be able to log in during the weekend.

Unfortunately, someone did something wrong - maybe restartet web servers so cookies got reset or something, so the ones who were logged in before the weekend also got booted off. Right now, no one can log in there and post in those forums. One of those things that happen.

Smile,
Stein
I got this when I tried to log in. I could be using the wrong login info since it's been a few years since I posted there, but this is what they say. Note that it said, "free viewing", not "posting". I also noticed than no one had posted there the past six hours:
Quote:Customer Care and Registration Center: Maintenance Scheduled

We are conducting a scheduled maintenance of our systems:

To: Monday, October 17, 2011 8:00AM CST

All web content, including features that typically require site registration or an active subscription to one of our magazines, is available for FREE viewing at this time. Enjoy!
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread