Tour Ship

Deck planking is in, on the bridge deck, and stained. I tried something "different", in bonding the wood strips to the styrene deck. For a while now I have been using Siliconized Acrylic Caulk, for attaching details to the modules. A "flexible" adhesive, it is less prone to details breaking off due to shock, in transit to and from shows. I decided to try to thin the caulk with water, so it could be applied to the wood strips more easily. It worked !!, And, the deck is firmly adhered to the styrene !!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, the skylight sill can be seen, fairly close to the proper height above the deck. This shot also shows the vertical posts between the shelter deck, and the bridge deck.

The after bridge deck, and shelter deck.

Looking forward at the overhead of the bridge deck cabins, and pilothouse. I'm still comfortable with the use of the gravity davits with that lifeboat......and there's still time before the final decision to keep, or not.

Port bow shot. Even here, the lifeboat isn't "overbearing". Keeping it, will make necessary the adding of a ladder to above the cabins, and railings ( at least some ) on that level, for crew safety when lowering or raising the lifeboat.

Lastly, a stern shot....you can just make out the beginning few "I" beam supports for the bridge deck, that run thwart-ships. On my computer's monitor screen, this picture comes up almost exactly full size ( 22 scale feet wide ) 8-) 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread