Tour Ship
Schraddel Wrote:Pete!
This is the only photo i found were the anchor winch is visible:
[Image: dsc052225irhs.jpg] Diana has only this solely anchor. The winch is one of the old fashioned traditional type with cranks and spur gear. A rather big gear is visible on the photo. The gears are partly covered upper and aft by sheets.
Lateron the winch was motorized with an 90° gearhead electric motor mounted on the starboard side of the gear case. The motor is of industrial standard type and is facing backwards. Lutz

I was going through all the "Google" responses for MS Diana, and found this photo:

it's possible that this, had a cover over it when not in use, that's seen in the photo.
Unless I can find a photo with a bit more detail, I'll probably use this one as the reference for the model windlass.
The information that Diana only had the one anchor, confirms my suspicions.....all the photos only showed the starboard anchor, in place...... Thank You for that little bit of extra knowledge. Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread