Tour Ship
Schraddel Wrote:It is nice to see the cruise ship will become a more and more 1:87 replica of the real thing.
An other interesting detail i remember (sorry no photo), the round skylight in the ceiling has it's appearing 0n the bridge deck in form of an round glass table with deck chairs grouped around.
On top if the table there was an round glass plate, ready for putting glasses and bottles on it received at the bar. Beneath the top plate was a round glass window acting as adjustable skylight. Lutz

??? That's a detail I just have to model !! So, questions .......
If the table top was a round glass "plate", what kind of "legs" did it sit on? " in form of an round glass table with deck chairs grouped around ". was this like a glass "tube", or a circular support made up of individual glass panes?, or was the table top, the only glass? ( set on a steel "tube" welded on the deck? ) How high off the deck was the table top ( round glass plate ), I'm guessing 0.61M, give or take a couple of CM.
I still have interior details to build, before I glue the "bridge deck / 01 level deck" in place. while it is still detached would be the best time to build the skylight, and install it. Amount of time???, well, there are a "ton" of chairs to go around the tables, window frames, curtains and drapes, and whatever else comes to mind that I am capable of modeling in 1:87 scale.

Lutz, this project wouldn't be going on, if you hadn't been so helpful in providing photos, and details. Let me take this opportunity to thank you once again for your help.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread