Tour Ship
bdw9535 Wrote:Pete,
Have been following along also, I really admire your modeling expertise and how you are able to convey the entire look of the boat from forward to aft. Thumbsup Thumbsup Bruce

Bruce, and anyone else who likes what I am able to do.....Thank You.
I must confess, this hasn't been an "overnight success story". I'll turn 69 in November, so I have been building models for about 65 years now.
It started as part of the family Christmas tradition - - -
1- except for cards, there was no "Christmas decorations" until Christmas morning !
2- Because my parents were "up all night" creating the "magic of Christmas", they wanted to sleep in a bit
3- We hung our "stockings", and early Christmas morning would get up and see everything there, lit, wrapped, and the very picture of Christmas. We'd take our stockings down, and play with the contents until our parents were up.
4- My older brother and I would usually have a Strombecker wood model to build ( one of the smaller ones ), and that would keep us busy.

It has taken all those years to develop the model building skills to what you see now, and they're still being improved on.
Yes, I am sure that some of the "talent" was inherited, but "talent" has to also be "trained ( pun intended ), taught, and practiced". Part of that talent,( and another learning curve ) is being able to research detail, understanding what the function of each detail is, and figuring out the right way to represent it in scale.
A lot of it is "in the eye", being able to "see" things with respect to other things. Separating fact, and fantasy, and using each in the best possible way, or combination. It's been a long, sometimes daunting learning curve, but it has been, and continues to be, an exciting trip.

For those, whose "trip on the learning curve" is just beginning, or still has a long way to go, enjoy every twist, turn, peak,and valley of it. It is, after all, a "learning" curve......just learn, and keep learning, it's all part of any Hobby.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread