Tour Ship

Looking at the lounge, and staircase down to "main deck cabins"
----------------------------------------------------

A touch of "greens" in the centerpiece vases.
Those are 9" plates on the tables, It's something I've been looking for a project to try making them for. They are .013" styrene, and I used a 2.8 mm leather punch to cut them out, and a slightly smaller Pin Punch, to add the "depth" to the centers.

The Foc's'l, and forward starboard corner of the lounge showing the benches/ chairs, and the book case.

The anchor windlass. Just behind it ( painted ), the casting for the top of the hawsepipe, that carries the anchor chain down to the chain locker. The white piece on deck forward of the windlass, is a casting that guides the anchor chain across the wood deck. It is there to protect the wood from damage, by the chain.
11 more doors have been built, and stained. That leaves only the port and starboard Pilot House Doors to make. When the stain is dry, I can install the doors.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread