sumpter250's 2010 Spring Bash Challenge
great job, I want a set for my layout.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
No doubt, this project is awesome. Thumbsup
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
I finally have got to comment, I just can't believe what you can do from a "junk" box and a lot of talent and imagination.
I have really been enjoying these challange threads.
Thanks to all of you.
Charlie
Amazing work Pete! Worship
Cheers Cheers ...

Great work...Looking forward to seeing those units all "dolled-up" in their work-a-day livery.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Well, I was going to get out today, but with all these compliments, my head has swelled up so big I can't get through the door! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Seriously though, thank you for all the encouragement. I really didn't foresee just how complicated this challenge was going to become......this really is fun!!
2285_ 2285_
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I made a comment about building an A-B-A hustler, and was reminded that I do have a hustler modified and painted for the SHS&D (the shipyard). It is the only standard gauge loco the shipyard has, and is used to move container flats so the 20' containers can be moved to narrow gauge cars, and brought into the yard complex.

The paint scheme for the MOW equipment will be reefer orange.

I've also got the remains of an MDC 2 window caboose (Clinchfield), and sides from an MDC "Overton" combine. This will become a crew car. The "blue thing" is another cheapo caboose, that was intended to become the shipyard's only standard gauge caboose.......looks like it's "on the menu" too!

Hmmm, I started out to do a crane.......now it's looking like a complete work train!

AAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH... stop me before I ki.....tbash again!! Confusedhock: Big Grin 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Looks great!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
So, here's the "new two", the crew car, and the caboose, in first primer.

The crew car, by itself.

...and the caboose.

Now, with all five in primer, comes the clean up of the "glitches", a second primer, and if everything looks good, final color and lettering.
I have to admit that at this time I'm having second thoughts about color. The caboose will definitely have the same orange/box car red scheme as the loco, but the MOW equipment? the "jury is still out".
Sweet job Pete!
Yep! This is just too darned cool! Seriously, sir, you've done a wonderful job!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Cheers Very nice. Thumbsup Thumbsup Innerested in doin' some more cabooses? I need a dozen or so. Wink Goldth Goldth

Wayne
Really looks great!!! Orange or yellow for the paint????
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
doctorwayne Wrote:Cheers Very nice. Thumbsup Thumbsup Innerested in doin' some more cabooses? I need a dozen or so. Wink Goldth Goldth
Wayne

I'd say "Why not!"........however, there's two schooners to rig, 30" X 12' of modules to finish building, and then scenic, a 2-4-2 to finish, and on, and on.... Big Grin Big Grin
I did do this one:    
It was sent to England, un-lettered, and became a Beaver Creek Lumber Company caboose.
It meant a lot to me, that Paul (Shamus), lettered it and used it on his layout.
ngauger Wrote:Really looks great!!! Orange or yellow for the paint????

With the minor corrections to make, there's still time to consider what the final color will be. The caboose will definitely be orange, and box car red. I'll make the decision once I see how that looks. It is a good color combination for the SHS&D narrow gauge rolling stock, but I need to see it on larger equipment.