The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, suppose to rain starting today. Just looked outside, nothing so far, but then it's not even 5:00AM yet.  Talked to Woodone, we just might head to Hobby Depot together since I have no clue what to tell him to pick up for me. I'd like to pick up a few kits, mostly for the parts. In the meantime, got to finish working on repaving a few streets and parking lots.

Kind of weird in a way, yelling out commands to Alexa and lights turn on or off. I can even say, "Alexa, turn on trains" and my layout power comes on. I'm looking for a smart controller for the garage door, some that work with Alexa won't work with my opener, some that work with my opener, won't work with Alexa. Got to be careful when shopping, some require a paid subscription service to work at all, some need an "adapter", others, a "hub" to work. Same goes for smart door locks, I found one I liked on Amazon for a reasonable price. "Works with Alexa" says the listing, but if you look further, it requires a "gateway" for another $40 to do just that. Almost like bait and switch. All this because my son thought I needed to get into the 21st century, new smart phone, new smart everything. Waiting 

Take care, have a great day.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

28 and cloudy with temperature falling this afternoon as the winds increase to around 30 mph. Not a pleasant day. Also had a light dusting of snow with another small batch on the way. After breakfast there will be a little broom work to clean it off.

Got the roll off situation set up for this coming weekend. Also got the car insurance on my son's car which is sitting in my driveway now. I need to call the other company to cancel his insurance. It's set up for automatic withdrawal so I'll have to make sure they don't take it or refund if they already have taken it. Went to the grocery store yesterday morning and then decided I had enough time to pick up three items at Walmart that the grocery store didn't carry. They had two cashiers. One was in hr first hour of employment and the other was approaching 110 years old. Took almost 30 minutes for a 10 minute visit. I don't use the self checkout because Walmart is not paying me to do their work for them. End of rant.

Not much planned for today other than a visit to the gym.

Don - what happens when Alexa decides you haven't done the house work yet and won't let you run the trains?

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(01-19-2021, 07:05 AM)FiatFan Wrote: ... Don - what happens when Alexa decides you haven't done the house work yet and won't let you run the trains?

All stay safe.

Tom

Got that covered, the cleaning lady will be here tomorrow. 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. 40 degrees and warming. Will go out when it warms up.  Tom, I don't use self checkouts too.  They are trying to reduce employees.  Walmart is horrible.  Long lines and only 2 or 3 lanes open. 

Bad to be old. Right hand knuckles are stiff from doing the manual labor yesterday. Door down, cut it off on right side so it will close behind lip on the other big door.

Guess what? My two packages [Menards and N&W aux water tender] made it across the Neuse River. Guess the pony express finally could ford the river. It has been extra high as lots of rain. undefined

Poor Lucy has tummy problems. Woke me up every hour and a half last night to go out. Finally got a solid sleep after 6:30 this morning. Mommy got up and took care of her.

Big news. Wake Co. started taking phone and computer vaccine apts. today. Site crashed already. undefined Seems State giverment giving more vaccine to hospitals and CVS than county government. Have to pay them to do vaccinations but County does it for free. We are well over 1 million people in Wake County. State giving us 2,000 this week. undefined

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue
It is cloudy as usual. Temp is 30 degrees. No snow on the ground. Around here Feb, is usually the nasty one.
Finally got a vaccine appointment through a local hospital. Fri. morn. My wife say's no. That's her choice but I don't agree with it.
Our club had a zoom meet Sat. evening and it was good to see and chat with some of the fellers.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Well, good morning got a busy day in store. Wayne, I tried, "Alexa, clean the house", but there must be something wrong with the Bluetooth or WiFi, 'cause she gives me some speech about not in her pay grade, so the cleaning lady will be here around 8:00. After that, I'm heading to Tempe with Jerry, (Woodone), to see what they have at Hobby Depot that I can use. All I have left is scraps for scratch-building or kit-bashing. Going to stop at Mo Money Pawn Shop on the way in hopes they still have some ammo for sale. Pricing is getting way out of hand for popular calibers such as 9MM and .22LR. But, like they say on, American Pickers, "the time to buy is when you see it or you'll regret it later that you didn't".

Hallelujah, it did rain yesterday for about an hour. A nice downpour early but still less than a tenth of an inch, then nothing but dark clouds all day. Suppose to be another storm heading in from the south today, then yet another one from the west coast after that. Typical for February, but we'll take it any time. Getting chilly again as well...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 17 outside my window this morning. It's already warmed up since I went to bed last night. It was 8 at 11 PM. Supposed to hit 43 this afternoon but the wind will take some of the edge off that nice warm weather with gust up to 30+ mph.

I need to make a run to Menards this morning. After that will be a trip to the gym. I forgot to call the insurance company yesterday so I need to call them first thing to cancel the insurance on my son's car. With the warm weather I ma take a walk outside this afternoon.

Don - excellent planning on your part to arrange for house cleaning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks,

It is a bright sunny 36. There was a dusting of snow this morning when I let the dog out. The high is supposed to be 40.

I have not made it to the Camp Fire the past few days due to things being a little crazy in these parts. Weekends are tough to get on the computer because we usually sleep in and once, we are up it is busy, busy. The last couple of days have been harder as our faithful and cheerful six and half old Guinea pig, Snickers, passed away on Monday night. My wife noticed he was unable to stand and she took him out of his cage. He died a short time later in her arms. Yesterday, I had to make arrangements with our vet for cremation and returning of his ashes. If you have never had one you have missed out on one of the cutest and most loving pets you can have. I will miss his morning greeting when I first would walk into the kitchen every day. His favorite game was to play I am starving to death. He enjoyed chasing the cats and the dog thought he was a puppy.

We got the decorations off the tree and the tree taken down. I still have to move the bins from the living room to the attic. I hope to do so today. I still have the window candles and bows to bring in. Every time I tried to bring the bows in it rains.

I finished sealing the Red Caboose tank cars and the Bowser PRR Livestock cars. I weathered the Bachmann poultry transport cars. I need to seal them. That leaves five cabooses to weather and all the RTR stuff that was in the Wall of Trains is done. Once the cabooses are done the layout redo will be the priority.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Morning. 50 and a little breezy. Comfortable outside. Trip to Raleigh and errands. Leave XT4 at dealership and get loaner. You have an appointment but they want to keep your vehicle.  Oh well.

Will try and finish door project.

Have a good one.
Good morning everyone, woke up very early, laid there for a hour and finally got up before 3:00. It should have rained last night, didn't. Some rain in the forecast every day clear into next week. We'll see...

Did go to Hobby Depot with Woodone, he got what he wanted, all I got was a few scraps of plastic and lots of disappointment. N scale was just track, no kits, very little scenery and even less scratchbuiding material. Their website looks like they're well stocked, they even advertise in Model Railroader, but the whole place looked like it hadn't been restocked in a very long time. Stopped by the pawn shop, at least I can get some ammo. Nope, another disappointment, no 9MM, he dug into some containers and found a few boxes of .22LR, "I can sell you one"...... One box of 50 rounds of .22 wasn't worth the effort you have to go through there to purchase it, so we left. My son, "Duffy" said he went to order some 9MM on line, it was in stock, but by the time he registered, it was gone. Got some up in Prescott, only $90 a box plus a two-hour ride to get there. No wonder I couldn't sleep this morning. Waiting

Well, like they say, when things are at the bottom, there's only one direction they can go...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks,

Temperature is 27 and it feels it. I had to go outside and get a package from Toy Train Heaven left on the doorstep this morning. It is supposed to go up to 44. We will see.

No real adventures like you Don. I did make a trip to the grocery store and finally get the heavy shopping for the month done. Yeah, I know I am a little late. I have to head over to PetSmart and pick-up prescription dog food either today or tomorrow.

I worked on the layout last night. I removed all of the mountain behind the Farm House. I posted some photos in the Layout Remaking thread. I need to remove some sections of pink foam that are stained. Since I do not what the stains are from the sections have to go. I am beginning to develop a track plan. I will post more about that in my thread on the Layout Remaking later.

I may try to weather the five cabooses at some point today.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Happy National Hugging Day, gang!

29 and very sunny headed for the upper 30s with continued sunshine.

Trip to the gym was routine yesterday. After lunch I checked the tires on my son's car.  All 4 were dangerously low. - about 20 lbs.  Eek  Also took the spare garage door opener back to the neighbor.  The battery was dead so I got that replaced.  He has one so he can get to the snow blower when I'm gone.  Slept late this morning.  Didn't get out of bed until after 7.  A trip to the gym in on the activity list for this morning.  After lunch I'll take my son's car to the Ford dealer.  Seems there may be some open recalls on it.  I don't know if they'll fix it or if I'll have get title for it first.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning 
Sunny but cold here. I got up at the usual time, about 8:30 and all is well.
Read your comments about ammo. I have some 22LR. I don't shoot much so it will do but I went to Buds site (My go to store for guns and ammo) and they don't have a 22 in the place. I didn't check other calibers.  We have a farm store about 30 miles away that sells guns and ammo. Rural King. I have never bought anything firearm related but the prices in the flyers are reasonable. Their web site has at least 9 pages of out of stock ammo too.  My last guns I had delivered through my brother as he had a FFL, but he has retired and the store gave up the license. 

It just might be a big day out, I have some site seeing to do and it is a good day to do it. I go to the urologist for a blood draw for a PSA check tomorrow, then a follow up a week later so they can tell me the results.

I am still scanning photos, I am into the family stuff now, and I am also writing  a few bits of my history for my kids. I got the idea while answering a PM from Woodone. 

I wish everyone a good day 
Charlie
Morning. Human Services Board meeting. Now my Regional Networks Of Care meeting at 10:30. Caddy ready.

Got my County Comm. buddy on the phone. She called as soon as meeting was over. [she finally got off] Got the reason Wake Co. is so slow on vaccinations. Seems the medical director and Secretary of DHHS is over her head. She is shipping same amount of doses to every county. Wake is the largest county in NC. Also has three big major medical facilities [front line workers and 1,300 EMS workers]. Not sending doses proportionally. DUH Also the tiers of vaccination are based on deaths from COVIS. Age is the major factor. Preexisting conditions has a lower death rate than age. All explained in my meeting today.

Cloudy and 43. 82% humidity. Damp out.

Have a good one.
(01-21-2021, 08:47 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Happy National Hugging Day, gang!

29 and very sunny headed for the upper 30s with continued sunshine.

Trip to the gym was routine yesterday. After lunch I checked the tires on my son's car.  All 4 were dangerously low. - about 20 lbs.  Eek  Also took the spare garage door opener back to the neighbor.  The battery was dead so I got that replaced.  He has one so he can get to the snow blower when I'm gone.  Slept late this morning.  Didn't get out of bed until after 7.  A trip to the gym in on the activity list for this morning.  After lunch I'll take my son's car to the Ford dealer.  Seems there may be some open recalls on it.  I don't know if they'll fix it or if I'll have get title for it first.

All stay safe.

Tom
Tom, there should be no problem with recalls but if it is air bags many of the parts are still not available. Ownership doesn't mater, it's federal law all recalls be fixed regardless.
Charlie