Trains on this day in the past:
Cresson, PA, 9/24/10.

Bruce

9/24/2016 NKP 765 on the Cuyahoga Valley.      
Westbound at MP 50, Conrail train PR7 (still using the old symbols at the time)
Charlie    
Charlie
This September 1978 photo of a short eastbound TV train is a good example of things that are gone.  No more caboose, no more signal bridge, and containers have pretty much replaced trailers.      
Charlie
September, 1978. West Bridgewater, Pa.     The 77 was on the NCIR for a time and I did run it several times.      It is still operating on the Youngstown and Southeastern Railroad that is near me.      Charlie
Was the 77 a ex QNSL unit Charlie?
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
(09-27-2022, 06:59 PM)Canadian Atlantic Railway Wrote: Was the 77 a ex QNSL unit Charlie?

C A R, it was built in 1954 for the Bangor and Aroostook. I can't see any reference to it ever being on the QNSL.
Charlie
September 28, 1980.  The Chessie system Safety Express along the Ohio River near Hannibal.     
Charlie
That's some ugly-looking smoke Charlie...I wonder what they're using for fuel.  The brown colour, to me, at least, suggests maybe cow-pies or horse-buns. Misngth

Is that a Chessie Berk in charge there, or a loaner from the Nickel Plate?

Wayne
The "77" proves that the old things aren't ALL gone!
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
(09-28-2022, 10:07 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: That's some ugly-looking smoke Charlie...I wonder what they're using for fuel.  The brown colour, to me, at least, suggests maybe cow-pies or horse-balls. Misngth

Is that a Chessie Berk in charge there, or a loaner from the Nickel Plate?

Wayne

Hi Wayne.
        That locomotive is a Greenbrier class C&O locomotive, and the smoke has the golden glow because it was taken at sunset. 
Charlie
Conrail's MI-21 at Millville, NJ, 9/28/16.

Bruce

This is an interesting picture taken at Summit cut late September, 1978. The locomotive is on a work train. Take note of the details, especially the paint on the handrails. Nice weathering job but the paint isn't prototype  Goldth    
Charlie
(09-29-2022, 08:02 AM)Charlie B Wrote: This is an interesting picture taken at Summit cut late September, 1978. The locomotive is on a work train. Take note of the details, especially the paint on the handrails. Nice weathering job but the paint isn't prototype  Goldth
Charlie

A lot more use on the conductors side for sure. That gondola behind the loco looks like it has a few miles on it as well
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Yesterdays offering also had 2 different colors of hand rails.  Today I have for your viewing pleasure a lone GP7 at the Astabula, Ohio Ore Docks. September, 1978.    
Charlie