The Big Blue End of Year Clearance Challenge
Cool. I missed out on the last one so this will give me a chance to clean the dust off a project that I've wanted to finish for years... Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
So many from which to choose... 35 Wallbang Misngth 35 Wallbang Misngth 35 Wallbang Misngth

Wayne
Hmm, I can think of at least one, perhaps I'll enter this one. I'd like to jump this particular project to the head of the line because it would give me something 'different' to run.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Quote:5.Since this is a challenge of procrastinators, we are limiting entries to one per member. More than that would cause too much strain and confusion on a normal person anyway.

I don't see where limiting to one entry has anything to do with being a procrastinator, especially if the point is to get folks off their duffs and get something completed. Think of it this way - if I've got 20 projects 90% complete and all it takes is a little effort to finish one of them, and I sit down in an afternoon and finish a project...now what? I may as well ride the crest of that wave of inspiration and work on another one!

I say #5 should be amended to read: "...on a normal person anyway. IF a person finishes one project and wishes to enter another they may do so at their own risk to mental, emotional and physical stability. No additional prizes will be awarded; the modeler only gains the satisfaction of having completed at least one long-overdue project."

Just a thought - rather than having to choose which of the projects to enter, why not pick one to complete first before tackling the next one.

Personally, it'd give me more incentive to do more modeling, especially since I have so many unfinished projects!!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
ocalicreek Wrote:
Quote:5.Since this is a challenge of procrastinators, we are limiting entries to one per member. More than that would cause too much strain and confusion on a normal person anyway.

I don't see where limiting to one entry has anything to do with being a procrastinator, especially if the point is to get folks off their duffs and get something completed. Think of it this way - if I've got 20 projects 90% complete and all it takes is a little effort to finish one of them, and I sit down in an afternoon and finish a project...now what? I may as well ride the crest of that wave of inspiration and work on another one!

I say #5 should be amended to read: "...on a normal person anyway. IF a person finishes one project and wishes to enter another they may do so at their own risk to mental, emotional and physical stability. No additional prizes will be awarded; the modeler only gains the satisfaction of having completed at least one long-overdue project."

Just a thought - rather than having to choose which of the projects to enter, why not pick one to complete first before tackling the next one.

Personally, it'd give me more incentive to do more modeling, especially since I have so many unfinished projects!!

Galen
I will ponder your suggestion. You make a good argument for doing that and so after much though about thinking about it, I will put off deciding this late in the day and so like a true procrastinator, I will render a fresh decision tomorrow. Popcornbeer
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Quote:I will ponder your suggestion. You make a good argument for doing that and so after much though about thinking about it, I will put off deciding this late in the day and so like a true procrastinator, I will render a fresh decision tomorrow.

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol 357 357 357 357
tetters Wrote:
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:By the way....What does procrastination mean?

I'll look it up for you ...sometime later next week, when ever I get a chance to get a round to it.

Toit, round, type 1,MK III, mod 2, 1 each, NSN 8539-642-0010

They may have deleted this item from the Federal supply system, because too many things were getting done, and the strain on the budget was larger than the graft and corruption! Big Grin Icon_twisted Big Grin Icon_twisted Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Note the addition of rule #5a. Remember, we here at Big Blue do not take any responsibility for the consequences due to anyone finishing up more than one project in this challenge. 2285_ Shoot However, the option is now there.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

Thanks! Cheers

Galen
Sumpter250 Wrote:
tetters Wrote:I'll look it up for you ...sometime later next week, when ever I get a chance to get a round to it.
Toit, round, type 1,MK III, mod 2, 1 each, NSN 8539-642-0010. They may have deleted this item from the Federal supply system, because too many things were getting done, and the strain on the budget was larger than the graft and corruption!
Icon_lol

My dad, the Methodist Minister, when commenting on Christmas Eve to parishoners he hadn't seen in quite a while, and getting the excuse that they just hadn;'t gotten around to it, had silver dollar-sized wooden disks made up that said "Wayne Methodist Church, Runnymede and South Wayne Avenues, Wayne, Penna." on one side and "TUIT" in big bold letters on the other. On the following Easter morning, when he again saw these same people (who, in the privacy of our home, the Parsonage, he called "Twicers") he would again comment that it had been a while since he had seen them. Upon getting the same old response about "getting around to it," he would then reach over to a stool standing next to him, pick up one of these disks from a basket and hand it to them, saying, "Well, now you have a Round Tuit, and so you will remember where you got it, the address is on the other side. Happy Easter!"

We kids thought it was hysterical! But it was stunts like that one that he used to grow a dying church of 240-some members, 150 of whom showed up on any given Sunday, into a congregation of 1600, 1200 of whom attended one of three services every Sunday in a new complex of beautiful Colonial Brick buildings in only 14 years. Well, that and the fact that he was one damn good speaker!

I miss that man!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Here you go BiL

[Image: ?id=725X1342&site=karateworldkickboxing....ess.com%2F]
Yep! That's the one ... with the church's address on the other side ... Thanks, Tetters!

You took me back ...

... and brought a tear to my eye.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Just a reminder that this challenge starts on Nov 1, just a few days from now. I hope you have made up your mind what your project will be. You can post now, just don't show any progress pics until after the office start date.

I think I've got my project picked out. So many to choose from, it is difficult, but I have one that really needs to be completed and I really haven't been looking forward to it. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Just a reminder that this challenge starts on Nov 1, just a few days from now. I hope you have made up your mind what your project will be. You can post now, just don't show any progress pics until after the office start date.

I think I've got my project picked out. So many to choose from, it is difficult, but I have one that really needs to be completed and I really haven't been looking forward to it. Nope

I've got a few that need finishing, but in the spirit of this contest, I will choose the one that requires the least amount of work 35 35 35 .
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I have a decoder install I've been putting off for a while... but I'm going to put off until a couple weeks after Nov. 1 35

Don't even get me started as to when I'll get my thread started either... Misngth