The Big Blue End of Year Clearance Challenge
tetters Wrote:I have a decoder install I've been putting off for a while... but I'm going to put off until a couple weeks after Nov. 1 35

Don't even get me started as to when I'll get my thread started either... Misngth

Attaboy, tetters! That's the spirit! Wink

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
When I clicked on "View New Posts" and saw this thread, I thought, "Oh, Cool! I wonder what this is all about?"

After reading through it and discovering I had already posted on it a couple times, I vaguely remember thinking to myself, "Aw, there's plenty of time ... I'll think about it later."

Yep! I think that's a good idea ... I'll think about it later.
Is it nap time yet?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Well so much for my idea for an entry. I was at the Timonium show over the weekend and I picked up the decoder I needed. With regard to this loco, I fail at procrastination.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
MasonJar Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:... this is a challenge of procrastinators... Wallbang
tetters Wrote:I'll continue to work on it until then. Misngth

You obviously did not read the rules...! Wink Big Grin Icon_lol

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow... Big Grin 35

Andrew

Can you say Popeye the Sailor Man *toot, toot*?

"I'll gladly work on a project tomorrow for some sleep today!" lol
I think it was the character Wimpy that always said, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Yeah that's it! lol

I had just mentioned Popeye as being the name of the show lol

It was "I'll gladly pay you a dollar for a hamburger today."
I'd gladly pay you a dollar for a hamburger today too - since other than rotgut Mickey D's that's less than they cost msot places. Back when those cartoons where made, a burger cost a nickle. The first version is right - it's "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"
Hey wait, today IS Tuesday....drat! Icon_lol

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Thanks, Randy ... I thought I was right.

My Mom used to refer to "Wimpy" and that phrase ... she was referring to reading the Popeye cartoon strip on the "Comics" page of the newspaper ... long before the cartoons we watched as kids or that now play on the Cartoon Network.
(She was a big Dick Tracy fan!)
biL

Because of the character J. Wellington Wimpy, the Wellington aircraft in WW2 were ncknamed Wimpys.
There was also a restaurant chain in England called Wimpy (usually as "the Wimpy Bar").
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Like true procrastinators, the subject of this thread has been completely thrown off topic in an effort to distract everyone from the contest goals. We've gone to talking about getting projects completed that we have all put off, to talking about Popeye The Sailor Man, to WWII aircraft and a restaurant chain about a supporting character from said cartoon!

I salute you all with a rubber mallet to da head! 35
tetters Wrote:Like true procrastinators, the subject of this thread has been completely thrown off topic in an effort to distract everyone from the contest goals. We've gone to talking about getting projects completed that we have all put off, to talking about Popeye The Sailor Man, to WWII aircraft and a restaurant chain about a supporting character from said cartoon!

I salute you all with a rubber mallet to da head! 35
It may seem as much, but you have to remember, distraction is a procrastinators best friend. Cheers With that in mind, it would appear that those discussions are indeed "on topic"... 357 357

What we need here is a wake-up call:

HEY, GET BUSY PEOPLE, THE CHALLENGE IS NOW IN PROCESS

How's that????? Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sorry Don... what was that? I wasn't listening. I'm currently distracted by some bright shiny object located a way off in the distance... :?
tetters Wrote:Sorry Don... what was that? I wasn't listening. I'm currently distracted by some bright shiny object located a way off in the distance... :?
Were those the same ones that I saw being investigated on one of those paranormal, "fact or fiction?" shows? I think they definitely proved that what you saw was just a kid's mylar balloon that got away. Ya gotta stop walking around with your head up in the sky, you can see how it affects your hearing. :o Beside, it takes your attention away from that project you started to working on again a few days ago. Uh, you did start a project for this challenge, didn't you... Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Beside, it takes your attention away from that project you started to working on again a few days ago. Uh, you did start a project for this challenge, didn't you... Welcome Welcome

Huh? Wha? What challenge? 790_smiley_picking_a_fight
Hmm, does the challenge close midnight tonight, or midnight tomorrow? Goldth
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->