"Mission complete Houston"
I always liked the saying:

Can't go to work today, the little voices told me to stay home and clean the guns.

Of course, me being a Renaisannce Faire Geek, I adapted it to:

Can't go to work today, the little voices told me to stay home and sharpen the swords.

Goldth Misngth Tongue 357 Big Grin Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:I always liked the saying:
Can't go to work today, the little voices told me to stay home and clean the guns.
Can't go to work today, the little voices told me to stay home and sharpen the swords.
Icon_lol

All of mine keep whispering BOOM !!! ---- and they just can't seem to be able to figure out my fascination with-- Cranes. Eek

Nope If I were a writer, I might - "stay home and sharpen these words". :o
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
A sad day indeed. The end of an era and nothing in the works for the future, beyond a few wild delusions by NASA of sending more probes to Mars.

The SAS motto says it all: "Who dares, wins." We have officially stopped daring.
Burt Rutan has not stopped daring. Google 'SpaceShipOne' and see what you get! I was there in Mojave the day Mike Melville got his astronaut 'wings', and I stood less than a hundred yards away as they pulled the spacecraft down the runway following the flight...on the tow hitch of a beatup old truck. Burt Rutan and Paul Allen (of Microsoft fame) were riding in the back of the truck with their legs hanging off the tailgate and the pilot was sitting straddled atop the spacecraft. Granted it was only a suborbital flight, but it was ready to go again THE NEXT DAY and could have been readied for a second flight that afternoon. With a rocket motor powered by laughing gas (nitrous oxide) and rubber, it's pretty dern cool. I imagine that's what the barnstorming days of flight must have been like. Daring men in their flying machines...

I'll see if I can't dig out a few of my pictures from that day.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
ocalicreek Wrote:I'll see if I can't dig out a few of my pictures from that day.

Galen
Please!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin That's a Great story!! Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:I always liked the saying:

Goldth Misngth Tongue 357 Big Grin Goldth
Uhh, you know that I subscribe to the original wording... Just one thing, I'd much rather shoot a gun than have to clean it. 2285_ Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Big Grin Yeah - i know - -you only "clean" them after you shoot Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75