Sumpter 250's duff challenge
Sumpter,
very well done work! I hope to rebuild my first loco model with same success.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Wow Pete,

That engine is mouth watering.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
modelsof1900 Wrote:Sumpter, very well done work! I hope to rebuild my first loco model with same success.

Bernhard, I know that you have the modeling skill to do a fantastic job on that "rebuild". Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Mike Kieran Wrote:Wow Pete,
That engine is mouth watering.

Thanks Mike ! Big Grin Big Grin Just so you know, some parts are a bit difficult to chew ! 357 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
We all need minerals in our diet. Is lead considered a mineral?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:We all need minerals in our diet. Is lead considered a mineral?
Eek Eek I guess that would have to depend on exactly how the Lead, "entered the body" :o Icon_twisted

Lead ( Pb ) is a metal.
The Ore that lead is mined as, is, Pb S, Lead Sulfide, which is a mineral.
Either way, Lead is poisonous. whether ingested, or "injected", it can kill. :o Icon_twisted Big Grin

And....... that's a pretty heavy subject, but then, our model locomotives need some added weight to be able to pull our trains.
Another connection between trains and lead? In waterborne craft, Lead is often used as ballast. Railroad track also needs 'Ballast'.......... Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_twisted
Still an excellent model.
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
nkp_174 Wrote:Still an excellent model.

Thank You, and it will get finished - - - maybe not tomorrow, but........I'll post progress pictures, either in a continuation of the existing thread ( first choice ), or in a new one.
I got the Draw bar built and installed. Thought I'd see how everything worked, so I doubleheaded it with a 2-8-0, and - - -
There's "short circuits" in the frames/wheels Eek Wallbang Wallbang
The 2-8-0 is a Roundhouse kit, just like the parts I am using for this project. My 2-4-4-2 is the same, and I never had any problems with either of these. Icon_lol :oops:
Guess it's better to find this now, than after all the valve gear has been installed. Wink
I have complete confidence that you will figure it out Pete ! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:I have complete confidence that you will figure it out Pete ! Thumbsup

357 357 so do I, but, I have to get past the " Wallbang I'm going to drive the Space Shuttle Launch Crawler over it Wallbang " frame of mind before I touch it again ! Icon_twisted 357 357 357
I'd check the drivers first...Maybe one of them was put in "backwards"....

Don't ask me how I found this out... 35
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:I'd check the drivers first...Maybe one of them was put in "backwards"....
Don't ask me how I found this out... 35

That situation would produce a full time short. I'm dealing with one that comes and goes. It almost has to be one of the "rims" coming in contact with the frame, or one of the side rods.
The drive wheels came as separate pieces in the kits, and had to be assembled ( rims to wheel centers, wheel assemblies to axle, and counterweight/crank pins to axles )
The problem remains even after removing the pilot, and trailing trucks, so it has to be in one of the drive wheels. 35 Wallbang
I ---- Will ---- Find ---- it !!!!.......................
later. 357 357 357
Ohhhhh....Those come-and-go shorts are a real pain to track down...(No pun intended...). Does it "like" a particular place (straight vs. curves), on turnouts, etc..??
Do you have pick-ups in the engine and tender..??

Good luck..!!
Gus (LC&P).
It was only tested on straight track. Another reason why it will be hard to find Wink
The tender will have to get wheel wipers installed, so all "pick-up" is from the engine right now. ( because of so many plastic wheel centers, I'll have to install wipers in the engine too.)

" Frustration, *cubed* " :oops: Wink Icon_lol