The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 6 headed for sunny and 34. The temperature will drop a little overnight then be in the mid 50s for the next week or so. Fingers crossed maybe spring has sprung.

Fairly quiet day yesterday and today looks to be the same. Since I got all the laundry caught up on Thursday I don't have much to do today. Maybe I'll dust and run the vacuum.

Charlie - I'll check into the possibility of a video. I do know that the event was live streamed on a site called LiveBarn that streams a lot of South Dakota hockey meets.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone, as usual, I got a bit more sleep last night, better than taking naps during the day i guess.I've started on my challenge project, also got a couple of projects in the workshop, so it will be a busy day.

Apparently the players finally agreed to go to work, the first Spring Training game will be played on the 18th. Starting yesterday, they are allowing anyone to go in and watch them practice, no charge. As for the games, if you purchased tickets for the old Spring Training schedule, you get a refund, as for the new schedule, they won't say, just that there is "dynamic pricing", I guess that means the price depends on the rate of inflation, or how popular the game is. There are also, "premium" games at even higher prices. Just glad that I don't go to these games...

Everyone have a great and safe weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hello Blue
Sun but cold. Today's high will only be 25.
Warming after today.
A Detroit3Railers meet tonight. Always well attended.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good evening. 

We got 3 inches of snow overnight and though we had some sun we had a lot of wind too. It is to worm up during the week so I am going to let Ma Nature clear her own mess.

Prayers for Duffy to continue on the road to health once again. 

I hope everyone else is OK. 
Cheers
Charlie
Happy Daylight Savings Time, gang.

Hope you all remember to reset your clocks (except you, Don). The Iowa house has passed a bill to go permanently to DST. I don't know if I like that or not. It's kind of a nuisance when the states around us switch and we don't.

33 at the moment headed for the mid 50s this afternoon. The bike will be coming out of the shed. I'll start with some short rides this week - around 4 or 5 miles and gradually increase as spring continues.

The countdown has begun. Only 7 days til the first F1 race of the season. Could be entertaining with all new cars and carryover from the mess of the season finale last year.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning good people, another weekend half gone, a lot quicker today with you guys that spring ahead and lose an hour. That's fine by us, I have a friend coming in from California in a few weeks, now he doesn't have to change his watch since we are now on the same time for a while.

Temps are going to be in the 80's for a while, I even see a 90 at the end of next week.

The baseball lockout (strike) is over and a lot of folks are not happy it happened at all. Millionaires fighting over more millions, why not give some of that back to the fans. Lower the ticket prices, Charge reasonable prices for food, no one brings this up at the negotiating table though. 'Hey, my $6,000,000 paycheck is enough for me, take those excess millions and let's just honor our fans a bit, free parking, $10 tickets and $2 hot dogs and beer". Wouldn't that be nice for a change. Now we don't have anything to fight about, so let's go out an play for our fans.

Have a great day, they should be moving Pat (Duffy) out of ICU today. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello,

sunny here, temperatures rising up to 16°C

Gasoline prices rise also: https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/spritpr...r-101.html
Diesel: 237,9 Euro Cent per litre
Super E10 (10% bio ethanol added): 224,9 Euro Cent per litre
Super: 230,9 Euro Cent per litre
Premuim Super: 251,9 Euro Cent per litre

With 1 gallone is 3,79 Litre
And 92 Euro Cent are 1 USD

Diesel: 9.800 USD/gal
Super E10: 9.264
Super: 9.512
Premium Super: 10.377

Glad i am retired and have to drive much fewer now.

Lutz
Good afternoon folks

It is 30 heading up to 35. We got a coating to an inch of snow yesterday. Between the temperatures last evening and overnight (teens and twenties) anything that was wet had a glaze of ice on it. I had to salt the sidewalks last evening and had to redo the back steps this morning.

Wife and I just hung out in the house yesterday and watched the rain changed to snow. We straightened up a few things and worked on the never-ending pile of laundry.

I had a good night as I got seven cars tuned up. There were five blue box kits which needed metal wheels and screws added to the coupler clips and a Roundhouse kit and old Manuta boxcar that needed metal wheels. I also painted another 40 metal wheels.

I think we are going to try to run to the grocery store.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning folks

It is 31 and going up to 55. Looks like the next week or so will be in the 50's and 60's.

Did not do much yesterday. The wife was having back pain. She is going to be discussing getting a shot in the back with doctor either today or tomorrow. She has physical therapy this afternoon so she may wait and see how that goes. A new issue has popped up. She has been experiencing low blood pressure the past few days. No idea what is causing it. It might be something with her meds. We have not been able to find a common factor when it is happening. She will be calling the doctor today about it.

I tuned up another Athearn blue box boxcar and two gondolas. I also added metal wheels to a couple of Mantua tank cars and Roundhouse cars. I have an Athearn blue box boxcar that currently has metal trucks. I changed them out and added metal wheels. I need to weather the trucks and probably add a washer or two to correct the coupler height. I have four Accurail cars to tune up and this will finish the pile on the layout.

I have to take the wife to physical therapy and possibly a pharmacy run.

Good to see Duffy is mending well.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Happy Pi Day, gang.

More warm weather today. 60 yesterday and 57 today.

Got the bike out and rode for over 5 miles. I'll probably hold at that distance for a week or so while my body adjusts. Gym this morning and maybe Walmart. Otherwise a quiet week ahead.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, going to be nice today, nice enough that we're headed out to the desert to do some target shooting. We go out north of Tonapah which is about 50 miles west of Phoenix. Temps there should be in the 70's while we're there and 80 later in the day. Not much else going on this week, just one appointment.

Yeah, it is Pi day today, going to be St. Paddy's day on Thursday. Always something to celebrate.....

Gotta go load up the truck, so take care, have a good day and stay warm and safe....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Tom:  Could you do a description of how you modify the Athearn cars to put screws in the couplings?

And everybody missed St David's Day.   Icon_cry
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(03-14-2022, 07:28 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Tom:  Could you do a description of how you modify the Athearn cars to put screws in the couplings?

And everybody missed St David's Day.   Icon_cry

David - No problem. I will create a post sometime over the next day or so showing how I added the screw.

I used to work in St. David's, PA does that count? Misngth Crazy Big Grin
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Clear and slightly hazy this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 26 now headed for 59 or so later this afternoon with some "patchy dense fog" also scheduled.

Pretty quiet day yesterday and today will be pretty much the same. Need to do some shopping this morning as I had an attack of the lazies yesterday. Also need to take some stuff to the attic and cut down the tall grasses outside.

Another important day missed yesterday was National Napping Day.

All stay safe (and rested).

Tom

Good morning folks

It is 37 with a supposed high of 64. Our high temperatures for the next ten days are all above 55 with no lows below freezing. Could winter be over? This is Pennsylvania anything could happen.

My newest home project arrived yesterday; an outdoor bench that requires assembly. Guess what I will be doing later today.

The wife's therapy went well. They changed a few things to see if it would help with her recent pain. She spoke with the cardiologist's office regarding the low blood pressure and they changed some of her meds and she has an appointment in two weeks.

I worked on two Accurail cars last night and had problems with both of them. As part of my tuning up I am replacing the pin that holds the truck and adding a screw to the coupler box lid. I am doing this because I have had too many pins and coupler box lids fall off during operating sessions. The trucks are easy. Remove the pin, thread the hole, add screw. Accurail actually sells the screws you can use for this and the coupler box. On one car I had a truck pin break while I was removing it. I had to drill out the hole. With the coupler lids the process involves removing the cover, threading the hole, cutting off the pin and drilling a hole through the lid. Then you reassemble and attach with a screw. Of course each car had one lid the pin broke off and I had to drill out the hole. I have two more cars to do but these ae just replacing the plastic couplers with Kadee couplers. I added the screws when I built the cars.

I will pull out another Athearn Blue Box and work on it so I can take some photos of the process and post a thread. If I am daring I may do the same with an Accurail car.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery